KAPITI COMMUNITY FOODBANK INCORPORATED
|Posted on March 22, 2018 at 5:55 PM|
Cook Time - 20mins Servings: 10
If you want to make a smaller portion then you can use 2 cups of rice and around 5-6 cups of stock to make 4 servings.
1kg short grain rice
1 large onion - finely diced
1 cup grated cheese
Garlic - diced finely
Salt and pepper
Your choice of vegetables
1. In a pan on a medium heat put some oil and a knob of butter.
2. Add diced onion and cook for 3-4 minutes until onion is transparent.
3. Add just a small amount of garlic after the onion has begun to cook.
4. Add the rice to the pan.
5. Stir and coat the rice in the oil butter onion mixture. This takes around 1-2 minutes.
6. Add the hot stock a little at a time while stirring the rice.
7. Once the rice has absorbed the stock you can add a little more to make it creamy.
8. Season with salt and pepper.
9. At this point you can add your choice of vegetables.
10. Continue to stir.
11. Put a lid on the pan, turn of the heat and leave for a minute or two.
12. Stir and add a knob of butter and add the cheese.
13. If the risotto seems too firm you can add some more stock - but just a little at a time.
|Posted on March 12, 2018 at 3:50 PM|
- In a saucepan cover potatoes and pumpkin with water.
- Add stock cubes and onion.
- Bring to the boil and simmer until tender.
- Drain off 1/2 the water.
- Mash or puree until smooth.
- Add grated cheese while hot.
- Thin to desired consistency with milk or cream before serving.