KAPITI COMMUNITY FOODBANK
|Posted on March 13, 2018 at 3:35 PM|
Preperation Time - 20 mins Cook Time - 15 mins
450g tin smoked fish
4 Large potatoes - boiled and mashed with a little milk
2 TBSP flour
2 TSP mustard powder
Salt and pepper
- Boil eggs in water for 6-7mins until hard boiled. Cool under cold running water then shell and slice.
- Place eggs and smoked fish in a shallow casserole dish.
- Melt butter in a saucepan, add flour and stir over heat for 1 min. Remove from heat
- Mix in the mustard and add the milk slowly. Season with salt and pepper, mix in the parsely now if using.
- Pour over the fish and eggs.
- Top with mashed potato.
- Bake for 15 mins at 200C until golden and bubbling.
|Posted on March 12, 2018 at 4:25 PM|
1 cup rice - cooked
1 onion - chopped finely
1 stick celery - chopped finely
1 tin tuna
Butter - for frying
1 TBSP prsely - chopped (optional)
- Fry onion and celery in butter until transparent.
- Add tuna and rice.
- Heat through.
- Add parsely before serving.
|Posted on March 12, 2018 at 4:20 PM|
Cook Time - 30-40 mins
1-2 apples - sliced
1 TBSP brown sugar
- Simmer sausages in water for 10 mins.
- Take out and put in an ovenproof dish.
- layer sliced apples over the sausage.
- Sprinkle over brown sugar.
2 onions - chopped
1 TBSP oil
2 TBSP flour
1 TSP powdered mustard
2 TSP beef stock or 1 cube
2 cups warm water
1 TSP malt vinegar
1 TBSP soy sauce
- Fry onions in oil.
- Add flour and mustard and cook for 1 min.
- Stir in the rest and bring to the boil.
- Pour over the sausages.
- Cook in the oven at 180C for 30-40 minutes
|Posted on March 12, 2018 at 4:10 PM|
1-2 rashers bacon
1 1/2 cup grated cheese
1 1/2 cup macaroni - cooked
1 cup milk
1/2 chopped onion
2 TBSP flour
1 1/2 TBSP butter or margarine
2-3 slices crumbled bread
- Saute chopped bacon and onion in margarine/butter.
- Add flour.
- Remove from heat ans add a little milk, mixing it in.
- Add the rest of the milk.
- Return to heat and stir until thick.
- Add grated cheese and stir.
- Add macaroni to the sauce.
- Put in a caserole dish and top with bread and sprinkle grated cheese.
- Bake in a oven until golden brown on top.
|Posted on March 12, 2018 at 3:50 PM|
1/2 a pumpkin - peeled and chopped
1 onion - chopped
2 chicken stock cubes
2 potatoes - peeled and chopped
Milk or cream - to thin soup
Cheese - grated (optional)
- In a saucepan cover potatoes and pumpkin with water.
- Add stock cubes and onion.
- Bring to the boil and simmer until tender.
- Drain off 1/2 the water.
- Mash or puree until smooth.
- Add grated cheese while hot.
- Thin to desired consistency with milk or cream before serving.
|Posted on March 12, 2018 at 3:45 PM|
1 onion - peeled and diced
1 Beef stock cube
2 cups hot water
1 TBSP cornflour mixed with 1 TBSP cold water into a paste
4 large potatoes - boiled and mashed with a little milk
1 cup frozen peas (optional)
- Fry mince and onions in a pan until mince is no longer pink.
- Mix stock cube with hot water and add to mince.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 mins.
- Add cornflour paste and stir until thickened.
- You can add 1 cup of frozen peas now if you have them.
- Put mixture in an ovenproof dish and put potato on top.
- Rough the top up with a fork and put under the grill to brown the potato.