Here you will find recipes that use foodstuffs you might find in a food parcel.
|Posted on 22 March, 2018 at 17:55|
Cook Time - 20mins Servings: 10
If you want to make a smaller portion then you can use 2 cups of rice and around 5-6 cups of stock to make 4 servings.
1kg short grain rice
1 large onion - finely diced
1 cup grated cheese
Garlic - diced finely
Salt and pepper
Your choice of vegetables
1. In a pan on a medium heat put some...Read Full Post »
|Posted on 13 March, 2018 at 15:35|
Preperation Time - 20 mins Cook Time - 15 mins
450g tin smoked fish
4 Large potatoes - boiled and mashed with a little milk
2 TBSP flour
2 TSP mustard powder
Salt and pepper
- Boil eggs in water for 6-7mins until hard boiled. Cool under cold running water then shell and slice.
- Place eggs and smoked fish in a shallow cas...
|Posted on 12 March, 2018 at 16:30|
- Combine all items.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour into a well greased dish.
- Bake at 180C for 35-40 mins
|Posted on 12 March, 2018 at 16:25|
- Fry onion and celery in butter until transparent.
- Add tuna and rice.
- Heat through.
- Add parsely before serving.
|Posted on 12 March, 2018 at 16:20|
- Simmer sausages in water for 10 mins.
- Take out and put in an ovenproof dish.
- layer sliced apples over the sausage.
- Sprinkle over brown sugar.
|Posted on 12 March, 2018 at 16:10|
- Saute chopped bacon and onion in margarine/butter.
- Add flour.
- Remove from heat ans add a little milk, mixing it in.
- Add the rest of the milk.
- Return to heat and stir until th...
|Posted on 12 March, 2018 at 16:00|
- Boil butter, sugar and honey for 4 minutes.
- Add rice bubbles. Mix well.
- Press into a lined flat tray.
- Leave to set. Cut into squares.
|Posted on 12 March, 2018 at 15:50|
- In a saucepan cover potatoes and pumpkin with water.
- Add stock cubes and onion.
- Bring to the boil and simmer until tender.
- Drain off 1/2 the water.
- Mash or puree until smooth.
- Add grated chees...
|Posted on 12 March, 2018 at 15:45|
- Fry mince and onions in a pan until mince is no longer pink.
- Mix stock cube with hot water and add to mince.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 mins.